Welcome to ROTO
“Roto – professionals for innovative technical solutions made of polymer to suit your needs!”
ROTO is a global producer of high-quality rotomoulded products from polyethylene, polypropylene, polyamide, XPE and ABS with production factories in four European countries.
ROTO is a family business company that is presented on the market as a successful manufacturer and reliable business partner for more than 45 years.
ROTO is a leading rotational moulder in Europe with over 4000 different products in range and size up to 70.000 l. These products are exported in more than 50 countries all over the world.
ROTO performs all stages of the business process, from product development, product analysing, in house tool production, prototype manufacturing, serial production, marketing & sales, distribution and after – sale service. High quality technical products are made of latest production technologies and strong R&D department.
The company’s mission is to provide and offer high-quality, multifunctional, environmentally safe products that are distinguished by modern design and greater added value. Partners achieve satisfaction with quality products and services, in short delivery times and competitive prices.
Roto certified and patented many innovative products. We have received numerous national and international awards, including:
- a sign of quality in construction, 2009 and 2010,
regional recognition for the rapid development of the company, 2012,
- innovation award for wastewater treatment plant, 2011, 2012 and 2016,
- innovation award for sea kayak Buran 488, 2017,
- national innovation award for pontoon, 2018,
- award for quality from Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia, 2018.
EVERY GREAT BOAT OR YACHT DESERVES ARELIABLE FUEL & WATER TANK
Black water tanks
Gray water tanks
Fresh water tanks
From your idea, with a sketch, the production of a 3D model, a prototype of the product (if needed) and tool manufacturing to a sample piece and then the serial production in just 8 weeks. Our advantage: the whole development process takes place in one location, the headquarters of our company.
Your CUSTOM moulding is Roto’s key competence. Throughout the development process, we work closely together with our customers, giving them support with the design, technical solutions, and cost reduction, in this way we strive for our customers’ goal: to have a product that is useful, technically perfect and fairly priced.
ROTO HAS THE FOLLOWING CERTIFICATIONS:
Certification of Quality ISO 9001:2015
Environmental Certificate ISO 14001:2015
ROTO’s research and development center
3D mould scanning and verification
PRODUCTION PROCESS: Rotational moulding
All data is saved to MES system
Described control procedure is digitally recorded and saved to MES (manufacturing execution system). Our MES system connects, monitors and controls complex manufacturing systems and data flows on the factory floor. The main goal of an MES is to ensure effective execution of the manufacturing operations and improve production output.
For fuel tanks according to EN ISO 21487; ABYC H-33 and ABYC H-24 certification
- Quality inspection (characteristic accountability, verification and compatibility evaluation).
- Leakage test at test pressure (20 kPa or test pressure= 1,5x filling height from top surface of the tank).
- Storage of filled tank with the intended fuel for (at least) 28 days at ambient temperature.
- Hydraulic pressure/strength type test.
- Pressure-impulse type test for petrol fuel tanks.
- Fire-resistance test.
- Leakage test after fire-resistance tests (up to 1,8 kPa).
- IMCI – International Marine Certification Institute
- DNV GL
- DCI – Dutch Certification Institute
ROTATIONAL MOULDED TANKS
Advantages of rotational moulded tanks:
- one piece moulding → no critical points or welds,
- unlimited geometry → any free space on boat can be fulfilled,
- competitive price in comparison to stainless steel or aluminium welded tanks,
- no size limits → ROTO can produce up to 20.000 L size in one piece,
- the moulds can be modular, tank can fit into wide range of the boats,
- tank filling and venting pipes can be directly moulded on the tank,
- lower tank weight in comparison to metal or HDPE/PP tanks,
- ROTO’s assembling and testing – plug & play – tanks are ready for your assembly line.
Benefits of XPE material, used for fuel tanks in engine compartment:
- achieve fire-resistance and pressure-impulse cycle test according to EN ISO 21487,
- high stiffness and high impact strength properties,
- excellent ESCR and chemical resistance,
- excellent long term properties,
- available in specific colours,
- XPE is already proved on the market for long lasting period – in use for more than 50 years.
Book your appointment!
We will be glad to organise a conference call or video meetings over popular apps. Please keep in mind to book the right date for conference. The virtual ROTO Marine Expo will take place from 17th till 19th November 2020.